I have read some comments about Foresee NCEFAT28-08G memory. Some said it is a NAND Flash, others said it is an eMMC memory. None of them are true (or not at all).
I just got NCEFAT28-08G Datasheet and I could confirm that this is an hybrid memory called efSD memory with eMMC 4.51 specification compatibility.
FORESEE efSD is an embedded storage solution designed in the BGA package. The FORESEE efSD consists of NAND flash and eMMC controller. The controller could manage the interface protocols, wear-leveling, bad block management and ECC. FORESEE efSD has high performance at a competitive cost, high quality and low power consumption, and efSD is compatible with JEDEC standard eMMC 4.51 specifications.
- eMMC4.51 specification compatibility (Backward compatible to eMMC4.41)
- Data bus width: 1 bit (default), 4 bits, 8 bits
- Data transfer rate: up to 104MB/s (High Speed DDR)
- MMC I/F Clock frequency : 0~52MHz
Operating voltage range:
- Vcc(NAND) : 2.7 – 3.6V
- Vccq(Controller) : 1.7 – 1.95V / 2.7 – 3.6V
- Operation (-25 ℃ ~ +85℃)
- Storage without operation (-40 ℃ ~ +85℃)
- Compliance with the RoHS directive
Preventing from Sudden-Power-Off
Hardware ECC engine
Unique firmware backup mechanism
- High Speed DDR, up to DDR mode at 52MHz
- Partitioning, RPMB
- Boot feature, boot partition
- HW Reset/SW Reset
- Discard, Trim, Erase, Sanitize
- Background operations, HPI
- Enhanced reliable write
- Sleep / awake
We probably should call these memories “eMMC” anyway, as they are using same package and controller.
You can contact Shenzhen Longsys Electronics Co.Ltd and look at their products from their website: FORESEE eMMC Memory